One more year has come to an end and one more post in this space for me to have a personal recap of how things went down in 2019.
Wrapping 2019 felt a bit awkward, and to be honest, a little bit relieving too. It was a tough year for my health and professional life and despite these, It ended up being a year full of challenges and creative learning and I could not be more happy about it, that happened, survived it and ended. Thank you 2019 for teaching me about patience and work with love.
- There was a good amount of live music throughout the year and great dancing nights with my girls.
- Job hunting got official and while I was working my ass off to land my dream job I put my hands on some personal projects.
- Volunteering at Collision and FITC took a lot of the stress away from finding a job as a new graduate. Being part of the creative community fills me with pride and volunteering at all these events that I cannot afford helped me to keep the motivation up and to be up to date with this fast change industry plus I truly enjoy to give my time for a good cause.
- Since a digital camera has not made it my way I started using film photography which I love but it can get a bit expensive, especially when you are still learning this format.
- Summer was perfect! great weather, blessed with family and friends and lots of work!!! Yup! Summer brought me a job.
- Hosted my first Dribbble meetup in Toronto, and attended a few others. I enjoyed learning and getting inspired by others.
- Attended a few conferences that happened to have a similar theme: “Ethics and Product Design” (I need to give this a better thought)
- This year brought me closer to the BEST people making me grateful to be surrounded by amazing and kind friends.
Things I look forward to this 2020:
- Priority to my health, family, and friends.
- work, work, work
- Challenge my self creatively
As usual, I super pump at the beginning of each year. This feeling of a clean slate, new agenda, and future to-do lists filled me with joy like you-have-no-idea. I’m an Aries after all. Happy 2020 y’all.